Maid to Order FL Maid Service, House Cleaning Policies and Procedures
Our House Cleaning and Maid Service Policies and Procedures Explained – Maid to Order FL
Things You, the Consumer, Should Know Up Front
Our Policies explained….
Rates and General Information:
- You pay only for cleaning you need!
- To best utilize our cleaning plan, the client is asked to have the home free of clutter and ready for the cleaning crew so that they may fully utilize their time cleaning in your home, rather than spending their time organizing and re-arranging (those are services within themselves and other services that can be provided as necessary.)
- Reminder: Clients are welcome to supply their own products for use in the home. (This could help reduce your rate)
- We do provide over the phone estimates and our estimated rates are based on:
Our scale consists of a numbered grade on a scale between 1 and 10 (1 being very clean and 10 being very dirty)
- The overall size of your home and needs
- The amount of people who reside in the home
- Number and type of pets in the home (shedding animals as compared to fish)
- Amount of decorations/ knick-knacks (more decor requires more dusting)
- General condition of the home on our cleaning scale
Would type of rate do you like? We offer a Fixed Rate or Hourly Rate:
- How much “catching up ” will be needed
- Your expected Frequency of cleaning
- Any Surfaces that may require special “attentive” cleaning (marble for example)
- Amount of extra projects requested
- Fixed Rate: (Weekly, bi-weekly or once monthly or seasonal)
ATTENTION! Fixed Rate plans are based on the home taking an “average of time” to clean. Usually the initial cleaning takes a little more time as opposed to a regular Fixed Rate cleaning and may need a “Maintenance Cleaning” … since we have the task of bringing the property up to our standards.
Friendly Reminder: If however for any reason during regular Fixed Rate cleanings (or “Maintenance Cleaning”), the home is not found in an “Average” condition, we reserve the right to bill for the extra time spent. At the time of the estimate, a list of items will be provided that will be done during a regular fixed rate cleaning. Items requested outside of the agreement of what is listed in our “Standards” list or otherwise you may be charged extra, at our hourly rate.
- Hourly Rate: About the same as Fixed Rate but these will billed hourly according to your specific instructed needs
- Health First: …Everybody’s health matters – We ask that you notify our office if you or anyone in your family is sick or has a contagious illness so that we can take precautions and or re-schedule your job. Secondly, but still important we will not send one of our team members to your home if we find that they are ill.
- Teams: Our cleaners work in teams of two or more depending on the job. A team leader will be assigned to your home. We make every effort to keep the same team leader and team assigned to your home. Unfortunately, we cannot always guarantee it will be the same leader due to illness, promotions, vacations, etc. We can guarantee that our employees are specifically trained and trusted and of course they will be respectful while in or around your home or business. They will not smoke, eat or drink while working, nor do they watch TV or play the radio. They will not answer the telephone or doorbell. Their only purpose while in your home is to clean.
- To ensure the safety of all our employees (in the work environment) please:
Keys: Please make sure your home is accessible to us. Because your scheduled cleaning time may change on each occurrence, we appreciate a key to your home or even a lock box somewhere around the home. In our office: Each key will be coded (no reference to customer or company). Keys are maintained in a lock box except for the day of the cleaning. Keys will require a signature and identification at the time of release.
Security Alarms: If your home is equipped with a security system, please ensure that it is in the “OFF” position. Otherwise, please inform our office of the correct codes and input sequence before your scheduled cleaning and leave your alarm in the “ON”. Please be sure to notify our office if this code or sequence changes.
Office Hours: Our office is open Monday through Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm. After hours and weekends, a voicemail can be left and we will return it on the next business day.
Referrals: Tell all of your friends how “You’ve got it maid!” Be a Maid to Order Volunteer Cheerleader! If someone you refer uses our service even one time, that’s instantly $20 off your next cleaning. If someone you refer to us use’s our services at least 4 times we will thank you with a free house cleaning. Please be sure to advise every referral to use your name as reference or email or call our office to let us know who you have referred so we can be sure to credit your hard work!
Charges: Unfortunately we have to reserve the right to enforce these:
- Be sure that rooms are well ventilated, so that the employee can avoid working with poorly ventilated rooms.
- Maintain a proper temperature your home /our work place. OSHA recommends temperature control in the range of 70-77° F
Equipment and Supplies: We provide our own cleaning supplies and equipment including vacuums, mops, and cleaning products. If you have a specific product you want used, please call our office or alert your team leader. Most all of our products are environmentally safe and non-toxic however it’s important not to leave small children alone or exposed to any of the cleaning products. Some products may be harmful if swallowed.
Arrival Time: Please allow us the flexibility of scheduling our cleaning between 8:00am and 3:30pm. We ask for a 1 hour window when it comes to scheduled time (The Techs will arrive between 12 and 1 pm). Cleanings are scheduled in an order that requires the least amount of drive time for each team. If you do require an AM or PM schedule, we will make every effort to accommodate your request, however, no times are guaranteed.
Clutter: The cleaning will be far more satisfactory if the team does not have a great deal of clutter obstructing the cleanable area. Desks that have large amounts of paperwork are unable to be cleaned. Please pick up clothes, toys and paperwork before each cleaning so we can do our job.
Payment Policy: Unfortunately we have to have one of these too:
- If it is necessary for you to change, cancel or skip your regular cleaning day, we require at least 48 hour notice. Late Cancellation: Late Cancellation fee of $30.00 will be charged unless notification of a change has been made within 12 hours prior to the service time. All notifications must be made by calling our office. Please leave a detailed message, if you cannot reach the office directly.
- Should you at any time require a modification in your cleaning or wish to change the cleaning schedule or frequency, a quick call to our office is the surest to expedite this. If upon arrival, we cannot gain access your home or business and you have not notified the office in advance, we will charge a $30 lock out fee to cover our expenses. Our team’s daily pay is based on the jobs they have scheduled. When you skip on short notice or lock the team out, we won’t have the time that is needed to fill in your spot and our team’s pay is affected. Unfortunately this also causes scheduling problems with our other clients. Our teams are instructed to follow the instructions as they appear on their work order, this is a reflection of the information we’ve agreed to. Specific instructions or request will be given to the team but cannot always be guaranteed from week to week (due to varying schedules).
Accidents: If you have valuables or heirlooms, etc., it would be helpful if they would be secured or put away to avoid any accidents. Regrettably, though not common, from time to time something may get broken. Our personnel are instructed to call our office at once if anything is broken, and to leave you a note advising you. In the event an item is damaged or broken, we reserve the option to repair or replace the item. A detailed dollar value amount of “one-of-a-kind” items must be demonstrated in order to determine a correct value. We cannot be responsible for unsecured wall hangings or otherwise unstable things that are prone to falling and or breaking.
Children, Pets & Plants: If you have children, plants or pets, our cleaners do appreciate it when they are safe and secured and that you also pick up after them before our arrival. We are always happy to clean up after them, of course, but unfortunately it does affect your total. Due to the individual care that plants require, we are not able to water or maintain them For safety reasons, we cannot clean litter boxes or remove urine/feces from the floor.
Holidays: Holidays observed by our company are Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and New Year’s Day. Regular cleaning services will be offered on all other holidays. Should your regular cleaning fall on these days, our office will contact you 2 weeks prior to the holiday to reschedule your cleaning. If you wish to reschedule a cleaning that falls on another holiday throughout the year, please call the office at least 2 business days in advance to avoid a late cancellation fee.
Quality Control: Our quality control consists of making home inspections and phone calls. A supervisor may also elect to contact you or meet you at your home after our cleaning team leaves. We believe that inspections and customer contact is the best way to help improve our high standards. You may also benefit a satisfaction survey. We always appreciate you feedback.
Extra Work: Our teams are instructed to follow the work requirements as outlined on your service agreement. If you have any extra needs, please contact our office at least 2 business days before your scheduled cleaning so we can be sure to schedule and approve the extra time in your home. We must be fair with all of our clients
Tips: Tips are very appreciated by your cleaning team but they are not expected or required. A recommended tip usually is about 10% of your total cleaning fee. Tips can be left as cash for the cleaning team or added into the check or credit card.
Reminder: We are cleaning professionals, not magicians, although we do have the ability to make dirt vanish before your eyes! Unfortunately sometimes we are called in when it is too late to correct the damage that has already been done. For instance, we cannot really polish chipped or corroded chrome or floors that are stained. Some items may also take a few cleanings in order to look their very best. In extreme cases of clutter we reserve the right to use our judgment and skip over those areas in order to avoid damaging items or wasting your valued time and money.
Guarantee: We guarantee our work. Contact our office before 11am the day following your cleanings (11am Monday for Friday cleanings) and we will make every effort to correct the problem immediately.
No Hire Policy: When entering into an agreement for services you agree not to solicit or hire any of the staff member introduced to you for any services. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff, be advised that our referral fee is $1,500 payable immediately upon employing our staff for any services in your home or business, and also your maid will be terminated immediately as they will also be in breach of their own non-solicitation agreement.
- Payment is due in full on the day of the cleaning. Payment by credit card is preferred. A credit card is required to secure and save your cleaning spot on our calendar. Credit card, cash or check is expected on the day of service and can also conveniently be left for the team leader to pick up when the team arrives.
- If payment is not received or is not left for the cleaning team on the day of service, a charge of $5 may be added immediately at our discrepancy. Accounts that have become past due over 15 days following the day of service will incur a late fee of $25 and will be added to your total. Accounts that past due a month following the service will be charged an additional 1.5% per month (18% per annum).
- A fee of $30 will be charged for each non-sufficient funds check returned by the bank. In the event an account requires legal or collection action, the customer agrees to pay all costs of collection without limitations for attorney fees, court costs and all collection costs including interest on past due amount.
Regular Fixed Rate cleaning or Maintenance Cleaning: Where all basic cleaning is done and some deep clean items may (time allowed) be rotated into the cleaning or done on an as needed basis only.
Deep Cleaning: When extra time is necessary to include and ensure all services are done completely at the time of the service.
Frequency of Cleaning: Amount of time the property is cleaned.
Cleaning Duties: Duties outlined in the original agreement.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);